These meditation classes are suitable for all levels of experience and are run throughout the year as part of what is called the General Programme (GP).
What Happens at a GP Meditation Class?
The classes include two guided meditations and y an explanation on how meditation can be applied to solve daily problems.
The classes are presented as part of a course based around an aspect of Buddhist teachings. However the classes are self-contained so it is fine to attend individual meditation classes.
There is a facility fee of £6 per class and £3 for lunchtime meditations. If you regularly attend classes and courses, our Monthly Membership Programme, which is £20, offers access to all the drop in classes and a discounts on workshops, day courses, and day retreats.
Current Meditation Course
Classes from January until April are based on the book How to Solve Our Human Problem. Between May and August the classes are based on the book How to Understand the Mind. While from September until December the classes are be based on the book Transform Your Life. They all focus on how to attain lasting peace of mind.
New to Meditation?
If you are new to meditation, don’t worry, the teacher will give easy to follow instructions during the class and meditations. Click here if you would like to find out more about Buddhist Meditation.
What to bring to the Meditation Classes
You do not need to wear special clothes to meditate. During the classes we sit on chairs, or you are welcome to bring a cushion to sit on if you prefer (cushions are only provided at the Keighley and Burnley centres). Some people bring a pen and paper to note down any thoughts they may have during the teaching and discussion, but this is entirely up to you.
Find a Meditation Class
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak our classes are now, temporarily only online and at our Keighley and Burnley Centres. To book please click the relevant button below. Online classes will continue to run for the foreseeable future.
For details of each meditation class, please click on the links below.
Classes in Keighley
- Day Weekday Meditation Classes (Tuesday & Thursday)
- Evening Weekday Meditation Classes (Thursday)
- Lunchtime Weekday Meditation Classes (Friday)
- Free 15min Meditation (Tuesday & Wednesday)
- Teenage Classes (One Saturday each month)
- Children’s Classes (One Saturday each month)
Classes in Other Towns
- Settle Meditation Classes (Monday Evenings)
- Otley Meditation Classes (Tuesday Day & Evenings)
- Burnley Meditation Classes (Wednesday & Thursdays Day & Wednesday Evening)
- Shipley Meditation Classes (Wednesday Evenings)
- Grassington Meditation Classes (Wednesday Evenings)
- Bradford Meditation Classes – (Friday evenings)
- Colne Meditation Classes – (t.b.a)
- Skipton Meditation Classes (t.b.a)
- Ilkley Meditation Classes (t.b.a)
- Rawdon Meditation Classes (t.b.a)