These meditation classes are suitable for all levels of experience and are run throughout the year as part of what is called the General Programme (GP).
What Happens at a GP Meditation Class?
The classes start with a guided meditation, followed by an explanation on how meditation can be applied to solve daily problems and then a second guided meditation. They finish with a discussion on the teaching.
The classes are presented as part of a course based around an aspect of Buddhist teachings. However, as the classes are self-contained it is fine to attend individual classes.
There is a facility fee of £6 per class and £3.00 for lunchtime meditations. A four class card can be purchased for £20.
Current Meditation Course
Classes from January until April are based on the book How to Solve Our Human Problem. Between May and August the classes are based on the book How to Understand the Mind. During September until December the classes will be based on the book Transform Your Life. They all focus on how to attain lasting peace of mind.
New to Meditation?
If you are new to meditation, don’t worry, the teacher will give easy to follow instructions during the class and meditations. Click here if you would like to find out more about Buddhist Meditation.
What to bring to the Meditation Classes
You do not need to wear special clothes to meditate. During the classes we sit on chairs, or you are welcome to bring a cushion to sit on if you prefer (cushions are only provided at Buddha Land Kadampa Buddhist Centre, Keighley). Some people bring a pen and paper to note down any thoughts they may have during the teaching and discussion, but this is entirely up to you.
Find a Meditation Class
For details of each meditation class, please click on the links below.
Classes in Keighley
- Day Weekday Meditation Classes (Tuesday & Thursday)
- Evening Weekday Meditation Classes (Thursday)
- Lunchtime Meditations (Friday)
- Children’s Class (One Saturday each month)
Classes in Other Towns
- Settle Meditation Classes (Monday Evenings)
- Otley Meditation Classes (Tuesday Day & Evenings)
- Burnley Meditation Classes (Wednesday Day & Evenings)
- Shipley Meditation Classes (Wednesday Evenings)
- Bradford Meditation Classes – FREE PUBLIC TALK
- Colne Meditation Classes – FREE PUBLIC TALK
- Skipton Meditation Classes – FREE PUBLIC TALK
- Ilkley Meditation Classes (t.b.a)
- Rawdon Meditation Classes (t.b.a)
Centre Membership Scheme
If you regularly attend classes and courses, our Centre Membership Scheme offers free entry to all the drop in classes and gives discounts on workshops, day courses, and day retreats. The cost is £20 pcm for a minimum of 3 months.